Post-decree modification actions can be tricky. Whether it's a change to a parenting plan, child custody, child support, or alimony, you need an experienced attorney who knows how to navigate the statutory requirements to get a judge to change what he or she has already ordered. You cannot simply ask a court to change what has already been ordered. You must show that something has changed since the last time the Court visited your case and you must also show that the change is materially affecting either the parties or their children. For example, in a child custody situation, there may be a change in the child's needs or the parents' lives which warrant changing custody. With regards to child support, if either parent becomes involuntarily unemployed or laid off, that may warrant a modification. There are many factors Courts can consider, but the reason has to be substantial enough to warrant revisiting a decision they have already made. If you think your case warrants a change to your previous orders, please call to schedule a consultation today, so that we may weigh the factors with you.